Idris Elba has been a household name for a while now, especially for anyone who loved the addictive ‘The Wire’ series. With his commanding voice, powerful and confident self-assurance and DJ and acting chops, Idris is a force to be reckoned with. Topping numerous ‘Sexiest Man Alive’ charts and named one of GQ’s 50 best dressed British men, his sense of style is not easily defined nor can it be carefully categorised. He has played sundry characters in movies and series, demonstrating his versatility and brilliant acting. He has also cemented his own original style, bringing bright colours and patterns to the red carpet.
Idris has a bold sense of style. Despite the many dark characters he has played, he goes beyond wearing black, brown and grey, showing off his confidence in his style. His playful approach to dressing makes him seem younger than he is, demonstrating how he does not define himself by his age or the bracket he falls into. Below is how Idris makes each outfit uniquely his.
- Idris likes to experiment with patterns, like pairing a grey checked sports-lux jacket with solid grey pants and a white shirt.
- He is a fan of a beanie, demonstrating that it is not just reserved for a certain age group or type of style, pairing it with just about anything.
- He understands the power of monochrome, like pairing a white tie with an all-black suit. The look is striking and suits his physique.
- He is a fan of colour. He injects a pop of colour into an outfit with a red tie, grey suit jacket and red pants. His style is experimental, and shows his fun side, like wearing yellow chinos with a white top.
- He is a fan of a good coat. Like Idris, go for bold colours like a sky-blue duster, paired with an all-black outfit.
- Idris is playful when it comes to wearing a suit. A fan of pairing a suit with a t-shirt and no tie, he mixes up the smart-casual look perfectly. He does not restrict himself to ‘safe’ suit colours, going for maroon and other bold colours, a striking look that complements his physique and skin tone.