- He knows the power of wearing all black, and just how striking it can be. This look is taken one step further with white shoes, demonstrating exactly how to pull off monochrome.
- He embraces his inner lumberjack with checked shirts, paired with a suit and bowties.
- His t-shirt and jeans combo- often paired with a hat and dinner jacket- is the perfect way to transition between dress codes.
- He is a fan of beanies, mixing the look with suits to demonstrate casual cool.
- He enjoys hats, especially Simon and Mary; and doesn’t shy away from different styles, colours and materials.
- He enjoys playing around with style, donning bowties and waistcoats, and bright bold sneakers.
- He knows how to wear a trench coat, and has a few in different shades- especially camel.
- He also loves bold socks and fine accessories like tie clips and lapel pins.
Masego ‘Maps’ Maponyane is a style icon whose effortless look is tailored and playful. With his penchant for hats, stylish glasses and mixing smart and casual, he has earned his place as a style contender with enough influence to be recognised on an international level. Maps Maponyane has become a household name, gaining recognition in his own right as a model, tv presenter and actor; to name but a few of the many areas he is involved in. No stranger to fame, his father Marks Maponyane, is famous in his own right as the top goal-scorer for Kaizer Chiefs and played for Bafana Bafana. Maps has moved away from the legacy of his father to create his own name, gaining a sizeable following of fans, with whom he actively engages on social media platforms. His Instagram account gives fans a hint of his lifestyle, featuring tasteful snaps of style and experiences. On his Twitter account, he shares his feelings with fans, and demonstrates a love of reality shows, through which he often live-tweets his amusing commentary. Never one to shy away from bold patterns and quirky accessories, Maps comes across as someone who doesn’t take himself or the rules of fashion too seriously, embracing a mantra that men concerned with style could do well to adopt. Winning a number of awards, like 2011 GQ Best Dressed Man and 2013 Cosmopolitan Magazine SA Sexiest Man, his style and appeal have been recognised and celebrated. Here are a few style inspiration pointers to learn from Maps: